Sound-spelling Cards provide a framework for understanding how words are constructed in the English language. Each card connects sounds to a related picture and then attaches spelling(s) to the sound and includes:
- Upper and lowercase letters (alphabet cards only)
- A colorful photograph that illustrates the target sound. The word of the picture is included in small type for reference.
- Graphemes—the speaker icon indicates the graphemes section of the card which shows the different ways the sound is spelled
While this is targeted for Gr. K-3, it is perfect for older children and adults. Also great for ELL and ESL!
This phonics bulletin board set includes:
- 45 sound spelling cards (each 6 x 8 3/4" ) with targeted sounds: alphabet letters, vowels (short vowels, long vowels, r-controlled vowels, vowel digraphs, diphthongs), and consonant digraphs
- a title and category header cards for display
- explanation of sound-spelling cards
Bulletin board set also includes an instructional guide with bulletin board ideas, classroom activities, and a reproducible.